Awards & Recognition
Awards & Recognition is dedicated to:
- Fostering belonging, validating contributions, and enhancing inclusion through staff awards: employee(s) of the semester and year and mini trailblazer awards.
Compensation is dedicated to:
- Improving the working conditions, benefits, salaries and professional status of staff as they help to fulfill the university mission.
Dixie Development Day
Dixie Development Day is dedicated to:
- Supporting DSU’s strategic plan efforts related to staff professional development and collaborating with the Human Resources Department on these initiatives.
- Planning the Development Day keynote speaker, breakout sessions, presenters, registration, marketing, catering, and volunteers.
Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness is dedicated to:
- Promoting a climate where faculty and staff can become more engaged in healthy lifestyle behaviors through health and wellness resources, information, programs, and services.
Legislative is dedicated to:
- Working with UHESA’s legislative goals to push for cost of living increases.
- Being a respected voice with the Utah Legislature on issues that are affecting higher education and informing SA members on legislative action important to DSU staff.
- Encouraging staff involvement in the legislative process, increasing political activity with local state representatives.
Policy Steering is dedicated to:
- Representing the SA Board on the University Policy Steering Committee.
- Providing the SA Board with updates and information about policies affecting staff and campus.
- Assisting the University Policy Steering Committee and supporting the policy development process.
Professional Development is dedicated to:
- Supporting DSU’s strategic plan efforts related to staff professional development and collaborating with the Human Resources department on these initiatives.
- Providing professional development opportunities and identifying, offering, and supporting funding opportunities to supplement the costs of professional development activities through an application-based process.
Scholarship is dedicated to:
- Aiding in fund raising for the SA scholarship fund.
- Raising awareness for the SA scholarship opportunity and collecting scholarship applications.
- Selecting scholarship recipient(s) based on the scholarship restrictions in an objective and nondiscriminatory process.
Service is dedicated to:
- Raising awareness of service opportunities on campus and in the community.
- Creating hands-on community service projects, such as the Children’s Justice Center Drive.
- Giving staff the opportunity to participate in a broad continuum of volunteer and fundraising activities that meet the needs and values of the campus and community.
Welcome & Mentoring
Welcome & Mentoring is dedicated to:
- Welcoming and orienting new staff to the culture of DSU in order to help new staff be successful.
- Promoting staff association events and inviting new employees to events.
- Pairing new staff hires with experienced staff mentors.
Events is dedicated to:
- Encouraging interaction and collaboration between staff. During events, we recognize and honor SA member achievements, welcome new members, present and disseminate information, and EAT!